All about all things purple

As a purple-a-holic, it is important to appreciate the pretty purple things in life....

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Guess who's back... Back again? Say she's back! Tell a friend!

Hi hi hiiiii!
How's it going? Missed me? So I'm back from India! And I can't believe how fast it's all gone.... It was a just a whirlwind of saris, shopping outfits, and fun experiences! It's unbelievable how much shops look after you.... You walk in, take a seat, and all these salesmen start showing you saris, opening them all, trying to convince you how pretty they are!! And then they'll bring you drinks and lunch, and do anything they can to stop you leaving... Quite cool.... I love all my pretty new clothes :)

It's all so service oriented.... I was really spoilt, I could so get used to living like that! Everywhere we went we'd hear "Yes Ma'am", "No Ma'am", "3 bags full Ma'am".... And it was always accompanied with a little wiggle of the head.... You know what I mean? Like someone's put a piece of string through your ears, and is playing tug of war.... But you know you've been there long enough when you start to do it too.... :$ It's so infectious!

But of course, as with anything, there are highs and lows.... The smells have to be sniffed to be believed... And I won't even mention the hole-in-the-ground toilets.... *yucky* Lol!!!

But all in all, it's good to be back - settling into routine and mundaneness.... Even if I did have to spend the whole journey back on the plane! [And of course, my mum couldn't resist sharing the joyous occasion with the crew, who then announced it, leaving everyone gawking at me with nowhere to hide!!! But they were really sweet, and looked after me so well, even getting together to give me a bottle of champagne ;) ]

I go back to uni soon, which is awesome!! It's been such a hectic summer, it'll be good to see everyone again..... I got my halls room yday! It's quite nice - freshly refurbished (to the point that you can still get high from paint fumes!) Haven't met any of my flatmates yet..... But surely they can't be any worse than the last few years!!! (Jus playing....!)

So that's a recap of my life..... Fascinating, huh?! Lol.... So back to those job applications.... :) Except of course, procrastination is key... Maybe I'll go get something to eat first - not too early for lunch, is it? Lol!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home