All about all things purple

As a purple-a-holic, it is important to appreciate the pretty purple things in life....

Friday, August 25, 2006

Wow!!! So much purple!!!

As I sat there today, staring into space, contemplating the meaning of life, and other such thought-provoking issues, it occurred to me that the answer was staring me in the face.... It's all about the colour purple!!! (No, not the book - the actual colour....)

And then I recalled this amazing website that I had come across a while back, introduced by a friend.... You won't believe it, but when I first came across this site, I started jumping and screaming and clapping and "hooray"-ing with excitement, it really is a dream come true for someone as obsessed as me.... What is this fabulous creation, you ask? It is:

www.purplestore.com

Every single thing on this website is purple... Put simply, whatever your purple desire, whatever you wants, you gets! The possibilities are limitless!!! For example, you've just bought a new pair of trainers... And you can't possibly wear them, because there's no purple on them.... So you hop on over to your computer, visit www.PurpleStore.com and buy some purple shoelaces!!!



Or your purple-mad friend's birthday is coming up, and you have no idea what to get her..... (Ahem, no subtle hints here! Honest!!!!) so you visit the site, and come up with something purple that she may not have.... Like some pretty jewellry :) Lol, but seriously, this site has everything from purple windchimes, to purple shoeboxes, to purple whistles, to PURPLE WHEELCHAIR BAGS... (No joke!!!)


So for those of you that know me well enough to see how psycho I go over pretty purple things, you can understand how cool I think this site is!!! Now my only issue is that I have to move to America to order some of the stuff from it.... Yup, delivery goes mainly to US zip codes :( How disappointing?!?!?! (Well, some, but not all products can be sent to the UK)

So anyways, I was exploring the site, and found this:

"Meeting a Need, Building A Community
Purple is a lifestyle. Finally here's an answer for those who have cried for something to come in purple, to be able to buy "just the purple one" in a set.
By shopping here you give us the buying power and clout to get manufacturers to make items in purple, make things just in purple, and package them so you don't need to buy seven pens you don't want to get the purple one.
The Purple Store is here to meet your purple needs."

So they don't make it sound wrong that I have actually done this! You know, bought the 8-pack of multi-coloured pens just for the purple one.... Or bought a pack of 10 hair scrunchies and kept only the purple one...

But this has to be the product I most want from the website:


The ring with diamonds and amethysts was extremely tempting, but in the end, I couldn't resist this, the product that would remind the world that I own purple :)

I shall leave with a cute poem... Which, btw, I think I do a lot of this stuff already, so I won't be surprising anyone when I get old.... (Maybe not the sausage-eating, but hey!)

WARNING - by Jenny Joseph

When I am an old woman I shall wear purple
With a red hat which doesn't go, and doesn't suit me.
And I shall spend my pension on brandy and summer gloves
And satin sandals, and say we've no money for butter.
I shall sit down on the pavement when I'm tired
And gobble up samples in shops and press alarm bells
And run my stick along the public railings
And make up for the sobriety of my youth.
I shall go out in my slippers in the rain
And pick the flowers in other people's gardens
And learn to spit.

You can wear terrible shirts and grow more fat
And eat three pounds of sausages at a go
Or only bread and pickle for a week
And hoard pens and pencils and beermats and things in boxes.

But now we must have clothes that keep us dry
And pay our rent and not swear in the street
And set a good example for the children.
We must have friends to dinner and read the papers.

But maybe I ought to practice a little now?
So people who know me are not too shocked and surprised
When suddenly I am old, and start to wear purple

2 Comments:

  • At 8:32 am, Blogger waz said…

    wow a very ... interesting and deep look into your mind :) fun to see what makes you tick. especially the bit about the laughing and the clapping and the hooraying.......

    would you ever wear purple with red?? hmmmmmmm

     
  • At 3:58 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    red and purple? I wear them together all the time,fabulous and my home does the two colours a lot too!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home