All about all things purple

As a purple-a-holic, it is important to appreciate the pretty purple things in life....

Thursday, September 07, 2006

The 9-month Theory.....

I opened my Outlook today.... Nothing unusual, those of you who know me well enough to know about my to-do lists will understand my need to check out my Task-list on Outlook excessively(or should that be obsessively?)... And you will have heard how positively... Ummm... (Sorry, but it's the only relevant word I can think of) orgasmic I get about getting things done and being able to cross things off it....

But that's not the point of it.... What I'm trying to get across is this irrefutable theory I discovered years ago! You know, being the uber eager-beaver maths geek back in Year 7 that I was (and maybe still am), when we did some random stats project... I couldn't help but notice the sharp spike in people born in the month of September... But my poor innocent little mind had no idea what I had discovered back then, and am now traumatised to discover now....

What I saw today when I opened my Outlook, was my calendar.... With all my birthdays marked in... Did you know I have at least one birthday every single day, from the 5th to the 15th of September, with a grand total of 28 birthdays in September (and that's just the people whose birthdays I bothered writing down - there's way more that Facebook reminds me about on a daily basis that I should have written down....)... It reminded me of this theory I keep mentioning that I'd discovered.....

The 9-month Theory
Drunken people do foolish things during the Xmas-New Years' festive period.... This then results in said drunken people's progeny being produced 9 months later, hence the obscenely large number of September births....

Extension
Okay, so you're not born in September.... Well the next part of the theory requires a slight bit of calculation on your part.... When are your parents' birthdays? When are their anniversaries...? Yup, add on 9 months, and voila! Yours, or a sibling's birthday seems to fit!

Ya-huh.... I have harboured this deep, dark theory for a few years.... But at this point, would like to add that I am a "Stork" baby.... I was born of immaculate conception, and was delivered to my parents by the cute image of the baby in the blanket brought by the stork (Yup, we've all seen Dumbo...)

Whew... Now I've got that off my mind, I can go to sleep like a new born-baby :)
Goodnight! Sweet dreams!

Today I'll leave you with these.... When I read them, I thought they followed on from the last post of losing my mind quite well... :)

"I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."
- Alicia Silverstone, Actress

"I get to go to lots of overseas places, like Canada."
- Britney Spears, Pop Singer

"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate

"Most lies about blondes are false."
- Cincinnati Times-Star, headline

"It is white."
- George W. Bush, when asked what the White house was like by a student in East London

1 Comments:

  • At 11:38 pm, Blogger waz said…

    i had nightmares last night. am still traumatized. i hope you realize you are now going to have to pay for all my shrink bills !!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home